We are always looking for the best talent at IDE. If you have the vision to lead us into the future, the ambition to develop and expand your talent, and the commitment to face new challenges, we invite you join IDE and build a better future.
EPC Sales Engineering Manager | Carlsbad, CA | IDE Americas Inc.
- Direct and coordinate sales engineering activities related to engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracting processes for mechanical equipment implemented at desalination and water treatment plants.
- Present technical sales solutions for desalination and water treatment plants to new and existing customers.
- Support the regional business directors and managers in techno-commercial discussions with customers.
- Manage market positioning activities to generate competitive advantages in sales leads and EPC project opportunities.
- Support EPC contract proposal processes, including go/no-go decisions, communication between engineering solution managers, and technical clarification processes for proposals.
- Support contract decision making processes with respect to sales strategy, EPC contract pricing, and commercial terms for complex, multi-phase desalination and water treatment plant engineering projects.
- Identify EPC project resource needs.
- Establish EPC project priorities and expedite technical review of engineering plans and specifications submitted by contractors.
- Coordinate and attend engineering review meetings.
- Participate in administration of engineering change orders.
- Serve as the focal point for all EPC issues between the general contractor team in the United States and the R&D and technical support teams abroad.
- Provide mechanical engineering guidance to on-site technical teams.
- May be assigned to various projects that utilize the required skills.
- Requires domestic and international travel up to 25% of the time.
- Formal Education
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
- Two years mechanical engineering experience in managing or coordinating the work of a multi-disciplinary desalination or water treatment plant design team, including mechanical, piping, electricity, instrumentation, control and document control functions; conducting EPC design reviews; providing technical direction to EPC teams throughout multiple phases of desalination or water treatment plant projects; estimating personnel requirements and costs for desalination or water treatment plant projects and establishing project schedules; and writing engineering specifications for desalination or water treatment plant equipment.
Solutions Manager America | IDE Americas Inc.
- In charge of the sale cycle of advance water treatment projects [3M$-100M$] in Americas – from initial phase up to closing throughout the whole cycle
- Responsibility for developing technical and commercial proposals in compliance with customer’s specifications
- Managing the proposals in accordance with customer requirements, daily interface with process, engineering, and costing departments, Commercial \ legal department, finance, and management.
- Participate in marketing activities in the region
- Bsc. in the field of mechanical/Industrial/chemical engineering
- MBA in Business and advantage
- Knowledge and experience in water treatment, desalination, infrastructure and\or
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management of infrastructure projects and\or
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales activity abroad, in water or infrastructure projects
- Experience in responding to complex tenders
- Experience in technical and commercial negotiations
- English (mother tongue level), Hebrew,
- Spanish- Significant advantage
- Frequent traveling abroad (every month)
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org