Enhanced Oil Recovery
In unconventional Oil & Gas, large quantities of water, steam and chemicals are used in the production process. As a result, the water produced has highly challenging physical and chemical properties, including oil and grease, silica, hardness, organics, and suspended and dissolved solids. Evolving regulations and fresh water scarcity is pushing the industry to treat and re-use this water produced in the process. Establishing a viable water treatment process is fundamental to maximizing production efficiency.
IDE’s Solutions for Enhanced Oil Recovery
Leveraging our integration capabilities, process expertise and 50 years of project delivery experience, IDE is able to address the industry’s specific needs with robust, reliable, sustainable and cost-effective end to end integrated Produced Water treatment solutions. These solutions are suitable for remote locations and resilient to challenging chemical water compositions.
Offering Unique Benefits to Our Partners
- End-to-end solutions, fully customizable to a variety of water sources and customer requirements
- High recovery of produced water for reuse onsite, reducing fresh water intake and meeting strict regulatory requirements
- Advanced and cost effective thermal technology for reduction of waste volume, and ZLD
- Modular units, reducing on-site installation time and cost
- Lower energy consumption, reducing operational costs
Process Flow Diagram:
- Wintershall, Germany: over 20 years of produced water treatment, operating at 98% availability