Crystallization and Zero Liquid Discharge
Efficient waste management and disposal is the cornerstone of sustainable development. With increasingly stringent regulations on sea, river, and deep well injection, the implementation of advanced water treatments is critical. Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) is the ideal solution for brine treatment and wastewater discharge – a complete closed loop cycle where discharge is eliminated and environmental regulations met.
IDE partners with customers, particularly in the oil & gas and power industries, to achieve a ZLD plan that meets water reuse targets. Our ZLD solutions minimize the cost of disposal and environmental impact, and extract the maximum possible economic value from the effluent.
The ZLD technology converts a high volume of liquid waste to distilled water for reuse, and solid salts that can be land filled or used as raw material for the chemical industry. It is applicable for industrial plant effluent treatment, wastewater reclamation and industrial recycling applications.
The technology used in this process is thermal evaporation and crystallization by:
- Horizontal Falling Film
- Forced Circulation Concentrator
- Forced Circulation Crystallizer
- Solid waste treatment
Offering Unique Benefits to our Partners
- End-to-end solutions that are fully customizable to a variety of water sources and customer requirements
- Recovers valuable ingredients from effluent wastewater for reuse onsite
- Reduces cost of process water disposal
- Meets strict regulatory requirements for discharge levels
- Reliable and robust solutions allow focus on main production business
Process Flow Diagram: