Operation & Maintenance Services
IDE has a long track record of successful operation and maintenance management of desalination and water treatment plants around the world. IDE also offers these services for plants that have not been built by IDE and we are glad to share our experience and know how for the benefit our clients, enabling stable and optimized plant operation that delivers high quality water at low costs.
With water sales contracts, IDE’s O&M allows the client to delegate all management and maintenance responsibility to our dedicated team.
Effective operational management is performed by technically qualified and experienced personnel under local standards and regulations, assuring health and safety of their employees.
A multidisciplinary back office team supports O&M site teams and provides technological solutions for changing and unexpected conditions and requirements.
Plant Operation Analysis and Consulting
IDE also works together with plant operators to optimize their plant performance, improve water quality and reduce energy and consumables consumption. This saves personnel time and operational costs.
IDE services include:
- Site Inspection and trouble shooting
- Comprehensive design review
- Operation and maintenance review
- Preparation of techno-economic optimization analysis
- Practical recommendations report for the improvement of plant performance and operation costs.
- Engineering design and construction
- Equipment delivery
- Laboratory, jar tests and pilot services
- Operators training
We know that working together on challenges like these delivers results. Combining the profound knowledge the operator has of the plant together with IDE’s expertise can result in new solutions to established problems such as recurrent equipment malfunction or increased efficiencies. IDE’s operation analysis and consulting services deliver tangible results.
Refurbishment and Retrofit Services
IDE’s refurbishment and retrofit services modify existing water treatment and desalination plants by developing engineering solutions that improve their technological and economic output. The modified designs result in higher production and/or lower energy consumption, always using a safe and cost-effective design.
- Design Stage: First we understand what needs to be achieved and then create a Plant Performance Optimization Plan. Our targets are either improved technological and economic output, higher production capacity or lower energy consumption, all of which can lead to significantly lower costs.
- Construction and Project Execution Stage: IDE’s vast project implementation experience ensures high quality projects and delivered on time and within budget. Our rigorous quality assurance procedures for all purchased and self-manufactured materials and equipment result in low maintenance costs and enhanced profits.
Spare Parts Service
IDE’s profound expertise with the operation of technological equipment allows us to advise on the selection of the most suitable equipment with the highest engineering standards.
Customers benefit from our economies of scale as the IDE procurement team purchases thousands of items from dozens of vendors, and delivers them on time at the lowest possible costs.
IDE offers a full chemical portfolio for anti-scalants, anti-foam and any other chemical product required for the operation of water treatment and desalination plants.
Our chemical optimization services are based on a comprehensive chemical utilization analysis, including raw water characterization by Jar Tests and laboratory analysis for the determination of chemicals specification, dosage rates and dosing equipment specifications. IDE’s extensive experience in SWRO plant design and operations allows us to take the data derived from the analysis and use it to improve the engineering of the operating system.
We also offer the installation of complete chemical dosing systems specially designed to your specific site conditions and requirements.