Membrane Desalination (RO)
Advantages of IDE’s Membrane Desalination Solutions
- Class leading flexibility: IDE’s plants produce high quality drinking and industrial water from all types of sources – seawater or brackish water.
- Capacity leadership: Having built most of the world’s SWRO mega-plants, IDE leads the industry in maximizing throughput.
- Proven project management track record: Close to 50 years of desalination success have proven IDE’s ability to deliver complex projects on time, within budget and above specifications.
Through ongoing development of best-in-class technologies and working together with its partners, IDE has achieved a continuous increase in the desalination capacities of large-scale plants while dramatically reducing desalinated water costs on long-term BOT contracts.
This is due to the accumulated experience, technological excellence and know-how that we have built over forty-five years, an unmatched record that has made IDE the clear leader of the world desalination market in general, and mega-size seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) in particular.
Lowest cost, maximum efficiency
IDE’s plants deliver the industry’s lowest water costs and energy consumption, driven by:
- Customized Pre-Treatment systems that assure maximum RO system efficiency and lifespan.
- Optimized Pressure Centre Design – using extremely efficient high-pressure pumps and process design to maximize membrane throughput and salt rejection.
- Energy Recovery System (ERS) that enables IDE plants to offer the industry’s lowest desalination energy consumption.
- The most advanced membrane selections that increase efficiency while minimizing investment.
- Flexible financing packages that help customers transform ambitious dreams into reality – all within accelerated deadlines and strict budgetary frameworks.