Back to all positions
- As a Process Engineer, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of preliminary Process design for:
- Pretreatment (includes Lamella, DAF, Media filters, Ultra-filtration, etc.),
- Reverse Osmosis (includes Brackish water, Sea water and Wastewater),
- Chemical dosing system,
- Sludge treatment (includes Centrifuge, Filter press, Thickener, etc.) and
- Post treatment (includes lime reactor, silo, etc.),
- **The above design comprising the selection of process and process calculations, membrane selection, filters selection etc. Hydraulic calculation, pressure drop calculation, line sizing etc.**
- Preparation of layout, PFD, P&ID, HFD, electrical load list and power consumption at different at different conditions with respect to tender guaranteed parameters.
- Prepare enquiry documents (RFQ), scopes of work, datasheets, etc for valves, pumps and other engineering items with proper selections required for RO desalination projects and bids.
- Preparation of Control philosophy, O&M manual, commissioning book etc. for the execution of the project.
- To interact closely with PLC engineer to help in logic development for FAT and SAT.
- Taking part in the Commissioning activities of the project.
- Will be part of a team working on an innovative project, reporting to the department manager/ team leader.
- Participation in technical meetings, decision making, preparing MOM and coordination with the clients and overseas offices.
- To prepare technical evaluation and comparison of documents furnished by different manufacturers and get the technical clarity from the vendor independently.
- B.Tech. in Chemical/Mechanical / Environmental Engineering (only recognized degree from universities in India).
- 5-8 years’ working experience in a similar role within the industry of which at least 5years should be in RO Desalination or water treatment field
- Have a clear understanding of the project or bid requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
- Possess strong communication and soft skills and be able to function independently with minimal supervision or as a member of a multidiscipline team.
- Client coordination and shall be able to perform under challenging conditions.
- Current knowledge of industry, best practices or regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to Desalination or water treatment Industry.
- Experience as a process design engineer of small/medium desalination or water treatment plants with proficiency in P&IDs /PFD preparation, process calculation, RO projections, membrane selection, calculations related to water such as ph, hardness, alkalinity etc and chemical dosages - mandatory.
- Other Requirements and information:
- Post-graduate (M.tech in any field) will be preferred
- Willingness for a long training process (8-12 weeks) that will be conducted abroad.
- This position will require very close co-ordination with process department of Israel. Therefore, the candidate should have willingness to travel to Israel for the design work to the extent of 2 months at a stretch.
- Willingness to travel for commissioning of desalination plants in India and abroad (duration of 6-8 week at a stretch). These can be multiple visits.
- The candidate will report to the Team Leader Process, Technical head in India & respective managers in Israel.
- Working Experience in ERP atmosphere will be considered an added advantage
- Should have Valid Passport with spouse’s name endorsed on it (applicable for married person).
Location: IndiaApply Now
Fields marked with * are mandatory