Refineries are among the major consumers of water due to cooling towers and process usage. During the treatment and refining of crude oil, large quantities of wastewater are generated, which require treatment.
The quality of this wastewater depends on the grade of the crude oil and the process for treating the oil. As environmental regulations for wastewater disposal are getting stricter, and freshwater resources are becoming increasingly limited, the industry requires more efficient management and reuse of this wastewater.
IDE Technologies provides various solutions for refinery wastewater treatment, offering fully customizable end-to-end solutions.
IDE’s Solutions for Refinery Wastewater Treatment
IDE has significant integration capabilities, process expertise and over 50 years of project delivery experience in advanced refinery water treatment solutions for refineries and their petroleum wastewater. Thus, we are able to address the industry’s specific needs with robust, reliable, sustainable and economical end-to-end integrated wastewater treatment solutions.
Offering Unique Benefits to our Partners
- End-to-end solutions that are fully customizable to a variety of water sources and customer requirements
- High recovery of wastewater for reuse onsite, reducing fresh water intake and meeting strict regulatory requirements
- Advanced and cost-effective membrane and thermal technology for reduction of waste volume, and ZLD
- Modular units, reducing on-site installation time and cost
- Lower energy consumption, reducing operational costs
Petroleum Wastewater Treatment Process Flow Diagram: